The Easy Training plate should be used on days that include only an easy workout or when tapering without the need to load up fuel for competition in the days before.
- One-fourth of the plate should contain a lean protein source; this will be about three ounces of animal protein (about the size of a deck of cards).
- One-fourth of the plate should contain a whole grain food source specifically.
- Half of the plate should contain fruits and vegetables.
- One serving of low-fat dairy products (milk, cheese, and yogurt).
- While a source of fat may be incorporated into the plate already (in those protein options that contain fat), any added fat such as salad dressings should be in the amount of about one teaspoon per meal.
- Don’t forget to grab those fluids!
Balanced Meal Easy Training Day:
What You’ll Need:
-1 small whole wheat tortilla
-3 oz. chicken breast
-1 tbsp. mayo
1 cup baby carrots
1 cup of mixed berries
8 oz. low-fat white milk